International Open Chess tournament for Children and Youth RUDAGA – KAISSA 2017
Rules and Regulations of the
International Open Chess tournament for Children and Youth
RUDAGA – KAISSA 2017
International Open Chess Tournament for Children and Youth
Organised with the support of the Sport Department of Jurmala City Council
RUDAGA – KAISSA 2017
Venue of the tournament: Jurmala, Latvia
The tournament will take place in the luxurious Semarah hotel Jurmala
Jurmala has always been associated with the brightest and creative events like International popular music competition and show “New Wave”, International stand-up comedy shows, Opera, Jazz and other music festivals and concerts. City of Jurmala is known as the pearl of the Baltics and is a favorite summer destination for many international celebrities. The open air Concert Hall “Dzintari” (“Amber”) has hosted so many outstanding performers from all over the world that has truly become a legend. Many of the high-profile local and international artists have performed there at least once. Although every summer evening is saturated with a different cultural event, Jurmala is not only a city to experience creativity of all kinds it is also a place to relax. Jurmala is a resort loved for its own unique atmosphere of comfort and peace. There is no rush and you can enjoy the beauty, calmness and serenity of the coastline. Pines, sand dunes, clean air.... Peace and tranquility fill every corner of this special Baltic city.
Aims an objectives
• To populize Chess sport amongst children and young people
• To raisie the level of qualification of participants
• To form and develop intellectual potential of children ad young people
• To strenghten regional and international sport associations
Date and location
International Open Children and Youth Chess Tournament RUDAGA – KAISSA 2017 will be held with the support of Jurmala City Council and Semarah hotel Jurmala in Jurmala, Latvia from 6 to 7t of Audust The arrival date is 6 of august. On the arrival day a sightseeing tour of Jurmala and its surroundings can be orginized on request.
The tournament will be held in the Semarah hotel Jurmala (Jurmala, Latvia).
1st round –5 august: Opening ceremony and beginning of the tournament
(Orginizers have a right to change the start time of the tournament).
2nd round – 6t of August: tournament, concert for the participants and award ceremony.
Organizers and Support
Orginizers: Educational and creativity establishment RUDAGA (Jurmala Latvia)
Chess school KAISSA ( Riga, Latvia)
Support: Sport Department of Jurmala City Council
Semarah hotel Lielupe
Rules and Regulations of the Tournament
• The participation in the tournament is open to the A, B and C Class players as well as the novice with no rank, who are not older than 17 years at the time of registration;
• The tournament will be played on the Swiss system (7 games)
• Each participant will be given 30 minutes to end of the game (Clock will be used after the given time)
• The tournament is to be played according to the rules of FIDE with the addition of the Chess sport rules and the use of computerized draw - swissmanager.
• Winners will be determined by the highest number of points obtained in all the games.